8th September 2004, 10:40 PM
I am new to Islam, I need to know how do you clean yourself after sex or periods etc… I have read a lot of web sites, but I really do not understand. This must be a very stupid question but I need answers as Ramadan is around the corner. Please help me and also the correct way of preying.
9th September 2004, 04:42 PM
Ghusl, or the grand ablution in Islam is required for purification of oneself after sexual intercourse (discharge of semen) or the culmination of the menstrual period.
The basics of Ghusl are as follows:-
1. Niyyah or Intention to make Ghusl (ned not be stated in words or akloud but should be in the mind of the person intending to do so)
2. Bismillah (I begin with the Name of Allah)
3. Perform the lesses ablution (the one that is used for making Salat - Prayer - or performing Tawaf - circumambulation of the Kaaba) by washing hands, gargling mouth (three times), washing face (3 times), washing arms (right first, 3 times), rubbing wet hands over head, washing ears, and washing feet (right first, three times)
4. Wash the part of the body that were affected by the intercourse or period (usually private parts)
5. Complete head bath (shower)
Please take a look at:-
which has an internal search engine that will provide you with most answers on Islam
for more details on Ghusl
9th September 2004, 09:12 PM